Skip to content

Family Programs

Family day is a free monthly event by the Miami Design District and the Institute of Contemporary Art Miami that encourages community engagement with art + design through interactive activities and performances for all ages. These events are scheduled the 3rd Sunday of the month and presented throughout the Design District and ICA Miami. Our family memberships offer additional opportunities to learn and engage with contemporary art.

Instinctive Journey: A Celebration of ICA Narratives Outreach Program at Family Day, Dec 2019

A picture of a young girl making art at ICA Miami.
Participate in hands-on art-making activities inspired by Carolina Cueva’s work with students reflecting on identity, personal history, memory, and abstraction. Also: enjoy a "Mommy and Me" gallery activity and special holiday performance!

Art in the Community at Family Day, Jan 2020

Image of kids at Family Day at ICA Miami
Channel your inner artist with hands-on art-making activities inspired by artists Sterling Ruby, Odili Donald Odita and Louise Nevelson! Activities include storytelling, inclusive art-making for kids of all abilities, and Mommy and Me gallery events.

Design Time Activities at Family Day, Feb 2020

Image of work by Collective Paper Aesthetics at Jungle Plaza in the Miami Design District for Family Day at ICA Miami
Get creative with hands-on art-making activities inspired by innovations in design. This month's Family Day includes storytelling, a "Mommy and Me" gallery activity, and a special performance!

The Future is Female: Learn about Women Artists at Family Day

Enjoy a family-friendly afternoon of art-making, storytelling, and more inspired by ICA collection artists Louise Nevelson and Janiva Ellis.