Family Day Mar 2017
- Atrium Sculpture Making: Build your own unique sculpture, just like the Madonna by Thomas Bayrle in ICA Miami’s Atrium Gallery, using 3D grids and cardboard. Suitable for all ages.
- Automobiles: Create your own individual car or bus using found objects. Suitable for all ages.
- Autostrada: Work together to create an original large scale artwork inspired by Thomas Bayrle’s Autostrada using cardboard and other mixed media. Suitable for all ages.
- Collage Making: Construct a collage masterpiece using a mix of materials. Suitable for all ages.
- Print Makers: Produce original hand-printed designs using blocks with symbols from Thomas Bayrle’s works. Suitable for all ages.
- I Spy Thomas Bayrle: Channel your inner detective as you visit the Thomas Bayrle exhibit and match clues up with the works and the artist. Suitable for ages 10-13 years old.
- Sensory-Friendly Space: Recommended for children of all ages with sensory processing and autism spectrum disorders, this is an accepting inclusive space that is quiet, has modification to sound and light levels and offers hands on activities.
Teens 14 and up can earn community service hours volunteering at family day. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Complimentary parking is available at City View and Palm Court Garages located on NE 38th Street between North Miami Avenue and NE 2nd Avenue. Vouchers available at the event.
About Family Day
At Family Day, ICA Miami and the Miami Design District invite families to spend an afternoon exploring the cultural offerings of our museum and the surrounding neighborhood. Families are welcome to share in the experience of ICA Miami’s experimental programming which promote creativity and critical thinking, as well as explore the dynamic Miami Design District.
Family Day is every second Sunday of the month unless stated otherwise. Family Day is free and open to the public.