Young Artists Initiative 2021–2022 Enrollment
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2021-2022 Young Artists Initiative (YAI) program. Due to challenges brought upon by the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask that you read the following carefully before enrolling in the program. For more information on Young Artists Initiative, click here.
- You must have access to a computer, the internet, and a registered account on the online meeting platform Zoom.
- During the month of October, students will meet over Zoom exclusively; however, by November we will participate in a hybrid meeting structure, convening both in-person and virtually.
- YAI students are expected to follow the rules and guidelines of the program, participate in weekly meetings and occasional events, complete independent and group activities in a timely fashion, take part in the year-end exhibition in April 2022 at the museum, etc.
- The class will be split into two groups. During the month of October, Group A will meet on Zoom from 4:30–5:30pm EST. Group B will meet from 5:45–6:45pm.
- During the hybrid meeting structure in November:
- Group (A) will be required to attend class at the museum on Tuesdays from 4:30–6:30pm.
- Group (B) will be required to attend class at the museum on Wednesdays from 4:30–6:30pm.
- Both groups will be required to attend class on Thursday from 4:30–6:00pm.
- Outside of class sessions, participants may spend between 2-4 additional hours a week on related activities.
- Week 1: September 28, 30
- Week 2: October 5, 7
- Week 3: October 12, 14
- Week 4: October 19, 21
- Week 5: October 26, 28
- Week 6: November 2 (A), November 3 (B), November 4 (Both groups)
- Week 7: November 9 (A), November 10 (B), November 11 (Both)
- Week 8: November 16 (A), November 17 (B), November 18 (Both)
- Week 9: Thanksgiving (No meetings)
- Week 10: November 30 (A), December 1 (B), December 2 (Both)
- Week 11: January 11 (A), January 12 (B), January 13 (Both)
- Week 12: January 18 (A), January 19 (B), January 20 (Both)
- Week 13: January 23 (A), January 24 (B), January 25 (Both)
- Week 14: January 30 (A), January 31 (B), February 1 (Both)
- Week 15: February 8 (A), February 9 (B), February 10 (Both)
- Week 16: February 15 (A), February 16 (B), February 17 (Both)
- Week 17: February 22 (A), February 23 (B), February 24 (Both)
- Week 18: March 1 (A), March 2 (B), March 3 (Both)
- Week 19: March 9 (A), March 10 (B), March 11(Both)
- Week 20: March 16 (A), March 17 (B), March 18 (Both)
- Week 21: Spring Break for MDCPS students
- Week 22: Exhibition installation
- April 2, 2022: YAI Exhibition Opening
For more information, please contact Itzel Balsualdo at firstname.lastname@example.org.