Family Day Feb 2017
At Family Day, ICA Miami and the Miami Design District invite families to spend an afternoon exploring the cultural offerings of our museum and the surrounding neighborhood. Families are welcome to share in the experience of ICA Miami’s experimental programming which promote creativity and critical thinking, as well as explore the dynamic Miami Design District.
Family Day is every second Sunday of the month unless stated otherwise. Family Day is free and open to the public.
Sunday, February 12, 1–3pm
- Be a part of making an public art: Using cardboard and other mixed materials, participants will work together to create an original large scale artwork inspired by Thomas Bayrle’s Autostrada.
- Cars and Buses: Create your own individual vehicle and add it to a larger-scale artwork.
- Scavenger Hunt: Find all 4 public artworks throughout the Design District and win a prize!
- LEGO® Station: Children will build cars, create cities, and design tall towers at our LEGO® building Station.
- Silent Revolution: Join us for a dance party in Palm Court amongst public artworks with Silent Revolution.
- Sensory-Friendly Space: Recommended for children of all ages with sensory processing and autism spectrum disorders, this is an accepting inclusive space that is quiet, has modification to sound and light levels and offers hands on activities.
Teens 14 and up can earn community service hours volunteering at family day. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Complimentary parking is available at City View and Palm Court Garages located on NE 38th Street between North Miami Avenue and NE 2nd Avenue. Vouchers available at the event.