ICA Narratives: Call for Teaching Artists 2022/2023
ICA MIAMI Narratives Teaching Artist
ICA Miami is looking for an experienced teaching artist for its upcoming season of ICA Narratives.
The Narratives Teaching Artist will provide an innovative and creative project focused on themes of identity, social justice, and empowerment for participants in ICA Miami’s Narratives program. The teaching artist will be featured on ICA’s Miami education page of the website and participate in one community talk focused on their practice and how it relates to the project created for the program.
The teaching artist will present the students’ completed projects in an annual exhibition during ICA Miami’s family day program in the Learning Center and will create a comprehensive art-making program for families during the event. In addition, teaching artists will assist in any additional community engagement initiatives as directed by the Community Programs Coordinator when appropriate.
The teaching artist will commit to a total of 34 weeks; or two 12-week sessions and one 10-week session for 15 hours per week.
● Fall: September 19-December 16, 2022 (excluding November 21-25 for
Thanksgiving/Winter Break Dec. 23-Jan. 6th)
● Winter/Spring: January 2 – April 14, 2023 (excluding March 20-24 for spring break)
● Summer: May 31- August 4, 2023
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
1. Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and have access to reliable transportation. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
2. Must be flexible working in a fast-paced, non-profit environment.
3. Must be willing to undergo clearances/ background checks for school and community sites.