The Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami and the Miami Design District invites you to a special Family Day Kick-Off Celebration marking the grand opening of ICA Miami’s new permanent home. We welcome families and visitors of all ages to enjoy a day of interactive art activities, storytelling sessions, and special performances reflecting the cultures of our community. Free Admission!
ICA Miami, 12–6pm:
- 12–5pm, All Galleries: Young Artists Initiative Tours
- 12–5pm, All Galleries: Storytelling Session: 15-20 minute stories about contemporary art and exhibitions on view.
- 12–5pm, Third Floor Learning Center: ICA Narratives: Our Stories Matter: Films written, directed and produced by students at ICA Narratives.
- 12–5pm, All Galleries: Self-Guided Scavenger Hunt: Discover the hidden treasures of Miami’s newest art museum.
- 12–5pm, Sculpture Garden: Giant Coloring Book by artist Alejandra Abad.
- 5–6pm, Sculpture Garden: Miami Rara Art Parade! by Charo Oquet, inspired by Dominican/Haitian Rara festivals.
Jungle Plaza, 12–4pm:
- 1–2pm: F.A.M.E (Future American Music Entertainers) performing popular music by American artists of color
- 12–4pm: Collective Paper Aesthetics by artist Noa Haim
- 3–4pm: Pepe Montes Trio performing a set of iconic Cuban classics and Latin jazz
- 12–4pm: Food Trucks (food for purchase only)